In Illustrator, the artboard is your working space. As we design projects, we often require more space to place elements temporarily or other versions of the same design. Illustrator allows us to increase the size of our artboard for a particular project, thus giving us more space to work without affecting the main design.
To enlarge your artboard, simply follow these steps:
1. In your Illustrator document, go to ‘File’ and go down to ‘Document Setup’
2. This will open the Document Setup panel. Click on the ‘Edit Artboard’ tab located on the top right corner of the panel.
3. You are now able to enlarge your artboard by using the active resizing tool
• By default, the artboard is of the same size of the document (paper) size. Resizing your artboard will only be for your current document.
• It’s possible to have several artboards for one document.