Rotating a Photoshop layer is simple and easy. In fact, it only requires one extra step than rotating an entire image. In short, the one particular layer that you want to rotate must be selected.
HOW TO ROTATE A LAYER
1. Open the layer panel. For this, go the ‘Window’ tab at the top of the screen and scroll down to ‘Layers.’
2. In you ‘Layers’ panel, click in the layer you want to rotate.
3. Once your layer is selected, go to the ‘Edit’ tab at the top of your Photoshop window and scroll down to ‘Transform.’
4. An options window will open, from where you select ‘Rotate.’
5. The image portion in your layer will now be framed by an editing box that you can rotate by using your mouse and the cursor. Note that this also allows you to reposition the layer.
6. You can also choose to rotate the layer by 180 degrees, 90 degrees clock wise or 90 degrees counter clock wise. For this, simply repeat the steps described in item 3 on this list and choose one of the 3 desired options on the options window.